Boy and Girl Scouts:
Girl Scout Merit Badges can be earned in two or three hours, but making a day of it is fun too! Do so learning and riding then grill out for lunch. Cost per Rider ( including adults and siblings); $30 each for 50 minute Trail Ride / $50 for 1 1/2 hour Trail Ride (rides include a 1 hour “learning” session for Badge requirements).
Care of Horses
(Basic info such as what they Eat, Farrier/Vet info, Etc.)
- Basic Rules of the Barn and Pasture
- Identifying Horse Body Parts and Markings
- How to Properly Groom the Horse
- The Correct Procedure to “Tacking-up” the Horse / Bridling and Saddling the Horse
- Safely Mounting and Dismounting
- Controlling the Horse (both on the ground and while riding)
- Maintaining your Balance while Riding
- Exercise & the Reasons for Safe Trail Etiquette ( Ride, Ride, Ride)
Boy Scouts – for troops please see Group Rates on our Trail Riding page. To earn a Merit Badge, we require a minimum of 3 Scouts for the session. The cost is $40 per Scout and last approximately 4 hours. Call to make your reservations now at (502) 570-9663.
Parents must fill out a Liability release form for each Scout.
DUE TO THE KENTUCKY EQUINE ACTIVITY LIABILITY ACT WE DO NOT CARRY INSURANCE – RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK.